Quick links: Munday Library Collections | Research Assistance | Library Reserves and Copyright | Data Management Services | Library Facilities | Archives | Center for Teaching Excellence | Instructional Technology | Digital Media Center | Writing Center
Learn about campus resources and services for all St. Edward's University faculty.
- Discovery: The library has a search engine that searches most all databases at once.
- Collections: the library has about 70,000 print books and 200,000 e-books. The library provides access to over 100 databases containing articles, streaming videos and other resources. The list of databases is available here.
- Suggest a Purchase: If you would like to suggest a purchase or you need additional resources please fill out this form.
- Library Liaisons: Liaisons are a bridge between the library, teaching faculty, and academic departments. Liaisons can serve their departments in many ways, but some of the more traditional roles library liaison play involve serving as the point of contact for the department, selecting library materials for the collection, providing instruction sessions and orientations, and discipline-specific research assistance.
- Interlibrary Loan: Make an interlibrary loan request to borrow a books or articles that the Library does not have. The library provides ILL free of charge for faculty and students. See request form here.
- TexShare: The library is a member of a state-wide consortium of libraries, called TexShare. You need to fill out this card prior to gaining borrower privileges at the partner institutions.
- Contact the Library: The library provides assistance to faculty and students, by phone (512) 416-5869, Chat or in-person. The Chat link appear on the library’s website. Walk-ins are available during library hours and/or by appointment.
- Digital Media Center: Check out the Digital Media Center's equipment at the Library Information Desk, including DSLRs and video cameras.
- Posting Content on Canvas: Faculty can post digital items and links from the library collection on Canvas. See instructions.
- Course Reserves: The library will manage course reserves for faculty. All you need to do is fill out this form.
- Copyright Resources: The library maintains an article about copyright resources for faculty.
- Booking Media for Classroom Use: A booking is an advance request from SEU faculty to use Library DVDs for a specific class. Booking of Library Media items is provided to ensure availability of materials.
Bookings may be scheduled by emailing email@example.com
- Faculty Projects: The library provides data management consultation and services to faculty projects, including storage, processing, visualization, data management plans, and web site design. Please direct your inquiries to Casey Gibbs, Digital Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Group Study Rooms: The library has 15 rooms for groups of 4-6. They can be reserved.
- Computers: Use one of the 150 computers available for students, staff, and faculty.
- Printing: Print for free (black and white only).
- Quiet Study: Use the quiet study areas available on first and second floor.
- Co-located Services: Digital Media Center and Writing Center are co-located services in the library.
- Global Digital Classrooms: GDCs in the Munday Library provide students, faculty and staff real-time, HD-quality video conferencing capabilities.
- Archives and Special Collections: The library houses the university archives and special collections, which contains a wide array of historical records (access is by appointment only).
Academic Support Services Not Affiliated with the Munday Library
The Center for Teaching Excellence (located in Premont Hall 101)
- Consultations and observations for individual instructors
- Programs for departments and schools
- Learning communities and reading groups
- Peer-to-peer teaching exchange
- Workshops, seminars, and faculty circles
- Orientations and support for new faculty
- Awards for outstanding teaching
- Resources, including the CTE library, website, and blog
Instructional Technology (located in Holy Cross Hall)Instructional Technology offers a variety of group training and individual consultations. Offices are in Holy Cross Hall 101.
The Digital Media Center (located in the Munday Library)
The Digital Media Center (DMC) supports the creation and use of digital media in education, scholarship and creative expression. We provide a learning space for in-person consultation and online resources for digital media, including audio, video, images and interactive media.
The Writing Center (located in the Munday Library)
The faculty and professional writers at the Writing Center are available to help faculty in all disciplines with their own writing projects, crafting writing assignments, and encouraging their students to utilize the Writing Center. For more information, visit the Faculty page on the Writing Center website or email email@example.com.
For more information, consult Faculty Support.