Finding Statistics, Data, and Evidence
Quick Links: Non Discipline-Specific Statistics | Government Statistics | State & Local Statistics
Non Discipline-Specific Statistics
Try out these library resources:
State & Local Statistics
- Find Information on Local Issues (University of Texas Libraries)
- Texas Fact Book - From Texas Legislative Budget Board, this biennial publication provides a selection state-level data for Texas as well as rankings comparing Texas with other states.
- Handbook of Texas - A digital gateway to Texas history information published by the Texas State Historical Association.
- Texas Demographic Center - Part of the State Data Center System, a national network of 52 centers whose goal is to increase the availability and accessibility of demographic census data.
- Comptroller.Texas.Gov - Your one-stop portal to economic resources and statistics for Texas.
- American Fact Finder - Find popular facts (population, income, etc.) and frequently requested data about your community.
- Texas Department of State Health Services - Demographic data on births, deaths, fetal deaths, abortions, marriages, and divorces.
- Texas Workforce Commission | Labor Market Information - Find labor market information about the Texas economy and workforce.
- Office of the Texas Governor | Greg Abbott | Economic Development & Tourism - Portal to various economic data sources for Texas.
- Real Estate Center | Texas A&M University - Real Estate Center at Texas A&M University; see both “Our Catalog” and “Data” statistical data.
- Texas Education Agency - Links to a variety of agencies and reports on data on Texas students and schools.
- Texas Department of Public Safety | Crime in Texas
- United States Department of Agriculture | National Agricultural Statistics Service -
Find and download agricultural statistics for every state and county in the United States.
- Texas Tribune - A nonpartisan media organization that promotes civic engagement and discourse on public policy, politics, government and other matters of statewide concern.
- Legislative Reference Library of Texas - The primary purpose of the Legislative Reference Library is to satisfy the reference and research needs of the Legislature, its staff, and its committees. Whenever possible within this framework, the library will assist the public and other state agencies with legislative research.
- Texas Archive of the Moving Image - An online collection of home movies, amateur films, advertisements, local television, industrial and corporate productions, as well as Hollywood and internationally produced moving images of Texas.
- austintexas.gov - Contains vital demographic components of population and housing.
- austintexas.gov | Austin Police Department | Crime Information